The BOND hardware unit has three different reset modes. The procedures below explain why and how to use each type of reset.
WiFi Reset (Green Reset)
This reset is used when you want to connect the BOND unit to a different WiFi network without deleting your devices.
- Use a small pointy object such as a toothpick to press and hold the reset switch located in a small hole next to the USB cable connector. Hold it down until the ring turns green (about 5 seconds) and then release. The ring will blink white for several seconds and finally return to a flashing green.
- Open the BOND application and select the + sign to add a new BOND. None of your current device settings will be changed or removed.
- Follow the BOND setup instructions.
Once you have joined the BOND to the new network you are ready to use your BOND.
Factory Reset (White Reset)
This reset will delete all of the devices in addition to network settings.
- Press and hold the reset switch located next to the USB cable connector until the ring turns White (about 10 seconds).
- Once the ring returns to a flashing green color, proceed with setup.
Rescue Mode (Reset at Power-On)
This reset is intended to recover the BOND even when the there is an internal software problem. WiFi settings and all programmed devices will be lost, and a firmware update will be forced.
- Remove power from the Bond unit.
- Press and hold the reset switch located next to the USB cable connector.
- Restore power to the BOND unit while holding the reset switch.
- Hold the reset switch until the ring flashes white (about 10 sec) and then release the reset switch.
- Once the ring returns to a flashing green, proceed with setup. The BOND firmware will be updated automatically.