When using Alexa to control your bond devices, it is import that you name them something easy to remember. If the ceiling fan in your bedroom is DEVICE 1, changing the name to "Bedroom" will help you remember which device you want to control.
It is also important to note that the Alexa home skill uses a percentage (%) to control the speed of a fan. The Alexa command to turn the ceiling fan to speed 2 of a three speed fan would be "Alexa, set the Bedroom fan to 50%."
Commands for Alexa
- "Discover my devices"
- Turn Device on and off
- "Alexa, turn on bedroom fan"
- "Alexa, turn off bedroom fan"
- Turn Device Light on and off
- "Alexa, turn on bedroom light"
- "Alexa, turn off bedroom light"
- "Alexa, turn on the Living Room Fan Top Light"
- "Alexa, turn off Bigfan Bottom Light"
- Fan Speed Setting
- "Alexa, set bedroom fan to 50%"
- "Alexa, set bedroom fan to 20%"
- "Alexa, decrease bedroom fan by 40%"
- "Alexa, increase bedroom fan by 10%"
- "Alexa, increase bedroom fan" - increments speed by one...from 2 to 3
- "Alexa, decrease bedroom fan" - decreases speed by one...from 2 to 1
Please make sure you use your easily remembered device name when speaking the Alexa command. If you have an issue with Alexa turning the fan on instead of the fan light, please remove FAN from the device name.